Monday, March 15, 2010

To Blog or Not To Blog

The answer is....BLOG, of course. With Facebook and other social networking the intrigue of blogging seems to have lost it's fire. Fellow Bloggers, let's carry on. My desire is to blog, it's my lack of time that keeps me on Facebook and off my blog. It's Spring Break this week and I have time so here we go.

UPDATE
I have been really busy since January with my Yearbook Class at The Daniel Academy. It's been a bit of a challenge teaching in an atmosphere where there is an outpouring of the Holy Spirit. It's a good thing, just not what we are used to. It started in November with the IHOPU Awakening. The first week of the outpouring students would be breaking into prayer during class, lunch, it was sweet. We had great discussions about what was happening and we would end class times with extended times of student lead prayer. Then about a month ago things ramped up a bit. The morning assemblies at school turned into all day prayer meetings. On the day this started I walked into school at noon to bring Josiah to Bible class. The minute I walked through the front door of the school I felt it. The air was thick and filled with the presence of the Holy Spirit. The students were worshiping, praying, crying, you name it, they were doing it. I applaud the school leaders for handling this with such wisdom and respect. They didn't stifle it or shy away from it, they lead the students in this move of God with the fear of the Lord. We experienced different waves of the Spirit through the years but this is intense. All kinds of questions arise in this environment. It messes up your schedule. It changes how you do life. We've actually have to tell our kids we are not going to the service tonight so we can sleep. I guess it's up to every family as to how they handle their time. For us it's been a balance of keeping up with school work and choosing which nights we will go to awakening services. We are so thankful for the webstream so we can at least watch on the nights we aren't there.
Getting back to teaching. The final deadline for the completion of the yearbook was last Friday. It was an extremely stressful month. Even in an outpouring life goes on, tasks have to be completed. Laundry needs to be done, meals need to be prepared, houses need to be cleaned. I think He's teaching us how to live naturally in the super natural. It's a good thing.

No comments: