Thursday, August 25, 2011

Could This Be the End of the Road For the Buick

The fall schedule has begun. I think it takes a good month for all the new changes to kick in gear on my internal calendar. My mind just sort of goes along with it. I'm kind of mellow that way. Let's just get it on paper so I can try to keep it all in sync. So I get a phonecall from Rachel on Tuesday. She's on her way home from her after school nanny job. In my mind I'm thinking Sarah has to be somewhere at 7, have to pick up other kids at other places, etc. "Mom, I'm driving down a busy street and parts of the car are falling off underneath. I don't know what they are". She pulls into a parking lot and John goes to rescue her. As you can see by the picture very large parts were falling off the bottom of the car....LIKE THE ENGINE! Oh, my word. Thankfully, she was not on the freeway when this happened. Did I mention it was my birthday on Tuesday? We never did have that family dinner. Maybe we can squeeze it in next week sometime.

No comments: